SEAANZ was founded in 1987 with the aim of bringing together Small and Medium Enterprise professionals in practice, education and training and to promote SME development, communication and dissemination of research, ideas and information.
The objectives of the Association as taken from the SEAANZ Constitution are to advance the development and understanding of small enterprise by:
- furthering the development of scholarship, education and research in small enterprise and enterprise management, including encouraging the application of research findings;
- identifying and developing proposals for programs to meet small enterprise needs;
- communicating and disseminating ideas and information on small enterprise and promoting their discussion by the holding of conferences, publishing material and other appropriate means;
- liaising, including affiliating, with other associations or bodies with similar objectives;
- making representations and/or providing commentaries to Government or to other bodies on any matter relevant to the Association; and
- doing all such other things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of any of the above objectives.
To find out more about recent activities of SEAANZ, please read the archive.