ICSB 2012 Public Agencies Forum
Building Engagement with the Small Business Sector
Thursday 14th June – The Ilott Theatre, Wellington Town Hall, New Zealand
A special one-day event held in conjunction with the
57th International Council for Small Business (ICSB) 2012 World Conference
How can government bodies – such as policy departments, advisory services, regulators and service agencies - develop the most effective means of engagement, communication and information sharing with small businesses?
The Forum will explore the many differentways that agencies have done this, using international examples from across the world and to also share the findings of research activities which can shed some light on how such engagement mightbe more effectively tailored in future.
Issues to be covered include:
- Disseminating information & advice: What are different approaches agencies use, and how effective are they? What future changes are likely?
- Policy development & review: How do government and public agencies consult with small firms, their industry associations and others to develop new policy initiatives?
- Legal enforcement of regulations and policies: How do regulatory agencies advise SMEs about their regulatory obligations and rights? How they enforce the laws applicable to small firms?
- What does the future hold? Are there emerging trends across different jurisdictions?
For the full programme, please visit the website.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon John Banks, Minister for Small Business, New Zealand
- Denny Dennis, Senior Research Fellow, National Federation of Independent Business Research Foundation
- Dato Hafsha Hashim, CEO, Malaysian SME Corporation
- Dr Robert Sun-Quae Lai, Director-General, Small and Medium Enterprise Administration of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan; Chairman of APEC Small and Medium Enterprises Working Group
- Dr Michael Schaper, Deputy Chair, Australia Competition and Consumer Commission
- Samantha Seath, Executive Director, Economic Development Agencies New Zealand
- Prof. David Smallbone, Small Business Research Centre, Kingston University
- Peter Strong, CEO, Council of Small Business Organisations of Australia
Cost: NZD $350 (includes refreshments and meal during the day)
Please note that you need to register separately for this event. To register online, please visit the website.
For more information please contact:
Martina Battisti, firstname.lastname@example.org, +64 4 801 5799 extn 62604